Old June 6th 20, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default How reliably do CG hooks disconnect when the angle of the rope exceeds the autorelease angle

On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:09:47 -0700, George Haeh wrote:

I use the back release to hook up and release for ground towing.
Basically the cage rotates back and makes room for the tow ring to enter
and engage when the cage rotates forward. Strong fingers needed.

So do I, but not with the hook model on my Libelle: its situated between
two fore/aft rails 32mm apart and the end of the back-release isn't a
grabbable cage, big enough or shaped suitably to be pulled back from the
outside.

On the ASK-21, Puchacz, Juniors and Discii its very easy to do.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org