Old June 6th 20, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Scam I think!!!

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 3:57:22 AM UTC-7, Stephen Szikora wrote:
All this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. Kramer responds to an email request for help from a “Nigerian prince“ by sending him the cash he requested. Gerry and the others ridicule him for falling for that old scam. At the end of the episode, the Nigerian prince shows up at Kramer’s apartment to return the borrowed money and hang out with him!

These scammers keep on scamming because it works - at least some of the time. There will be NO GOOD outcome from dealing with these clowns. They have, literally, stolen the life savings of good, if not prudent, people. Making light of the issue not only serves no purpose, but it also HELPS these scammers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam
I have also been personally approached with the "Hi Grandpa. I'm in jail in blank and need your help" scam. Of course, he never says his name because that would be a dead give-away. I keep them on the phone for as long as possible because this disrupts their scam.

Tom