Old May 7th 19, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Bucket hat vs baseball cap

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:24:25 PM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
I just picked up a bucket had that pretty much every glider pilot wears, but I don’t want to wear is because I feel like it limits visibility way more than my baseball cap does. With the baseball cap basically visibility is only limited when looking up, but with the bucket had visibility is limited all around. I know clubs have ban wearing baseball caps, which I thought I understood why, but now I’m not sure why. Am I missing something here? Thoughts?

You were supposed to buy the 2 gallon variety, not the 5 gallon :-).

The bucket hats that come from SSA are better for gardening. My wife has one, it's huge, I'd never use it for soaring.

T8