Old April 26th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default GPS receiver for LNAV

On Apr 25, 12:28*pm, soaringtheskies soaringtheskies.
wrote:
I have a Cambridge LNAV and I want to replace my LX400, which is
currently being used purely as a GPS receiver, with something else to
provide a GPS feed to the LNAV, preferably without taking up a space on
my instrument panel.

Any suggestions?

--
soaringtheskies

You need to give us a little more information:

- Does the GPS need to provide logging capability (or do you have
another logger).
- Assuming you do need a logger, does it need to be an IGC-approved
type?
- If it is IGC-approved, for what level do you need it (i.e. basic
badges, record flying, etc.)

A simple solution is to find a used CAI model 20 or 25 which can be
mounted remote from the panel and is designed to integrate with the
LNAV. However, this is NOT approved for all badges. You could buy a
302A if full approval is required.