Old December 15th 19, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

I met Heinz at Perry International after just buying a Discus 2b. Heinz looked at the wings and said "What the hell happened here?" I said the seller sanded off the competition numbers under the wing and that is what it looks like. Heinz promptly got permission from Al to use his shop, hauled the wing in and proceeded to sand it to a silky perfection with a "classroom" of pilots watching. No charge. He provided me with spare parts and knowledge during my ownership of the D2b. Thanks Heinz!
Always try to remember: There is no such thing as a glider business, we are all hobbyists!