Old January 27th 04, 08:55 PM
Marco Leon

My installation works as designed. The avionics shop separated the two
antennas--Com1(GNS430) on top of the fuselage and Com2 (KX-170B) on the
bottom. He said that I could have had them on the same antenna but if I
remember correctly, he said I would have had interference between the two
coms.

It IS a very cool feature that I've used often. However, most are with the
copilot just listening to ATIS and very few with the copilot talking
simultaneously with the pilot. These are usually reporting PIREPs or
speaking with other aircraft.

Marco

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message
Does anyone out there have experience with Garmin's 340 audio panel and
its feature that lets you split the Com 1 and Com 2 so that the pilot
can talk/receive on one while the co-pilot can talk and receive on a
separate frequency on another? It is called the "Com 1/2" button.
On my installation, the co-pilot experienced that Com 2 reception was
blocked with I was talking on Com 1. That is not how it is supposed to
work. I have been told by one avionics shop that it is difficult to not
have Com1/Com2 interference and that I should just write-off this
feature. Another shop said that the Com 1 and Com 2 antenna's had to be
relocated so that they were on opposite sides of the plane (one op top
and one on bottom). I am not sure what to believe at this point. Any
advice or experience that folks have had would be appreciated.

-Sami
N2057M Piper Turbo Arrow III

http://www.usenet.com