Old July 24th 03, 07:26 AM
Peter Duniho

"Teacherjh" wrote in message
By the same authority they use to "take" your certificate.

In other words, none. Why'd you let them take it then? If an FAA inspector
tried to take MY driver's license, I would try to take it back by force, and
if that didn't work, I'd have the local police arrest the guy.

As for "easily replaced", that doesn't help when you are on a cross

country.
You're just stuck.

Oh, come on. Even if you're not willing to fly without your certificate in
hand, surely you don't expect me to believe you can't get a replacement
faxed to you just because you're on a cross-country flight? I think it's
safe to say, if there's an FAA inspector around, a fax machine can't be far
away.

Pete