Old July 24th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dave in San Diego

Default Interesting helocopter film

"JP" wrote in
:

"Charlie Wolf" wrote in message
On 7 Jul 2006 04:01:27 GMT, (Darrell A.
Larose) wrote:

(Greasy Rider @ invalid.com) writes:

Helicopters aren't suppose to do that

I knew that model helicopters can do those things, but I thought it
was outside the realm of full size aircraft.

For all you rotor-heads out there ----
Does this have something to do with a rigid rotor head assembly on the
bird?
Regards,

Local Mercy Flight ?

At Dak To a Pink Panther came in with a wounded gunner.
I looked and thought he was Ok, I seen the *exit wound out of the top of
his thigh, small hole no big deal after I opened the canopy and we took
him down.

Later I see half his butt was shot off, the exit was an entrance ! They
where
flying the Cobra inverted and took a round !

Now that can't be done right ?

Sorta wrong. H-1s (and perhaps other helos) can do barrel rolls, where
there is always positive rotor loading. Not for the faint of heart or short
of skill, since it's fairly easy to screw it up and fall out of the sky.

Dave in San Diego
HS bud flew Snakes and Slicks