Old November 4th 03, 11:44 PM
MBenShar

Dear Ed,

Great to have a reply from you. Yes I agree - there's China and there's China.
Can't disagree with your location of the shootdowns.

Here is the very rough list of "US planes lost in China" allowing for the wider
definition Chinese territory.

BTW as part of my project to list all known ejections world wide I've (not
surprisingly) never received any replies from the Chinese authorities about
ejections from their own aircraft nor about aircraft shot down by Chinese
pilots.

I hope the following is of some use to the gentleman who asked the original
question - sources are, "Journey into Darkness" by Col. Philip E. Smith and
Peggy Herz; the POW Network SCOPE Datatbase; "Vietnam Air Losses" by Chris
Hobson and "Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club" by Rene Francillon.

F-4B
151425
VF-96 - USS Ranger
Ensign Ronald J. Fegan (K/BNR)
Lt(jg). Terence M. Murphy (K/BNR)

Capt. Phillip E. Smith (POW)
F-104C
56-0883
436 TFS, 479TFW (attached to 6252 TFW) Da Nang

KA-3B
142653 ZB-3
Det. C, VAH-4 - USS Kitty Hawk
Lt. Cdr. William A. Glasson (MIA)
Lt(jg) Larry M. Jordan (MIA)
ATCS Reuben B. Harris (MIA)
PRCS Kenneth W. Pugh (MIA - Remains Returned 16-December 1975)
Shot down by Chinese MiGs over the Luichow Peninsula in Kuangtung province
Try this website
http://www.scopesys.com/cgi/bio2.cgi?bio=G017

A-6A
152627