Old February 26th 04, 11:47 PM
D. Strang

"BUFDRVR" wrote

Violating BUFDRVR's #1 "Great officer rules" by losing your composure in front
of a subordinate.

I was at the PX today buying a soda-pop and a car magazine, waiting in line. There
was two cashiers, so I positioned myself to get the first one that opened. Stupid me,
this African-American one-stripe gomer shot past my port side, and took-up position
on the now opened cashier. The cashier, who was about as shocked as I was, told
the guy that I was next, and not him!

Now, in my old days, he would have been bleeding on the floor right after he zipped
on by, but through counseling and worship, I remarked to the cashier, that I was
proud to stand aside for our new General.

Everyone laughed, and we all went on our way. No ambulance or MP's were
needed :-)