Old July 17th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default Investigators Say Student Pilots Should Be Flagged

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message

Not IMHO a bad idea really. When I was training and flew to controlled
airspace for XC flights it was suggested that I mention I was a student
and they did seem to slow things down a little.

Worked for me coming through PDX when the freq-changing knob broke on the
radio and I couldn't switch freqs to land at Troutdale. At first he was a
little surly but as soon as I told them I was a student pilot they contacted
TTD tower and calmly relayed instructions to enter the pattern and look for
the light signal.

They seemed a lot more helpful once they knew I had an excuse for being
clueless.

-c
Now I tell 'em I'm a student all the time. ; Every good pilot is a
student, right?