Old April 3rd 04, 05:50 PM
Go Fig

In article , Wolfgang Schwanke
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in
:

So how can we identify a person other than fingerprints?

How exactly does fingerprinting help? Only if you have two fingerprints to
_compare_.

What about after some incident, you must agree that fingerprints can be
valuable at this point. Clearly they were used in Madrid, as they used
discovered prints at that house to ID conspirators.

jay
Sat Apr 03, 2004

One specimen (the person entering the country), one certified by
an authority that it belongs to that individual. If they match - OK, if
they don't match - fake! But if they only have the one, the authorities
can't tell anything from it. "Hello, here's my fake passports, hello,
here's my thumb". What's the point?

Passports,
DLs, and every other form of ID have been no problem to duplicate for
terrorists.

How about procedures which can identify counterfeit passports? Methods
exist, it would make sense, and there wouldn't be protests against putting
them in place, as it wouldn't involve storing information about innocent
individuals in government databases.

Regards