Old April 3rd 04, 06:23 PM
AJC

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 18:43:34 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:29:44 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, AJC arranged some
electrons, so they looked like this :

... Having finger-prints taken for a driving licence? Maybe in Cuba, the
... former DDR, or some other 'big brother' regime, but certainly not in
... any free country. Finger-printing is for criminals.

I have had my 10 fingerprints taken when I got my first identity card at 18. That card had
a big print (including sides) of my right thumb right under my picture. I didn't feel I
was being treated as a criminal at all. I wasn't intending to get in trouble anyway, so I
was glad that if an identity mistake happened, the police already had my fingerprints and
could prove my innocence.

One shouldn't have to prove one's innocence, that should be the
accepted position until proved otherwise.