Old March 27th 05, 05:53 AM
BTIZ

Currently the Cirrus is having a higher accident rate per hours flown than
most other single engine aircraft... it's new.. and harder to fix for minor
dings than bent sheet metal..

Also, I do not fly a Cirrus, but have seen that pilots used to C-182s or
Mooney's are not used to the speed and fast wing of the Cirrus... lots of
long hot landings on short runways...

BT

"Doodybutch" wrote in message
I was thinking about upgrading to a Cirrus if I could scrape the money
together. They're really nice, if you haven't checked one out.

An acquaintance of mine told me that the insurance on these aircraft is
much higher than comparably priced singles because of the ballistic
parachutes. Apparently, once it's deployed the airplane is totaled and
there have been a number of deployments.

I would appreciate it if someone knowledgeable would comment on this.

Thanks,

DB