Old February 14th 16, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Radios with fixed, pre-set frequencies (Walter Dittel FSG16). Why?

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 11:14:43 AM UTC-5, Paul Ruskin wrote:
A few years ago the radio in my ASW20 had problems. I took it out and took it apart.

It had the ability to store four frequencies in it (which you could set). To do this it had a couple of large chips which turned out to be memory. Each chip's capacity was 32 bits. Not Megabits. Not Kilobits. Bits.

State of the art at the time, I suspect.

When I was a lad....

My Libelle came with a US-made radio that held 4 frequencies and you had to tune the receiver to the frequency you were transmitting on. Now that was old-school stuff!
Uli
AS