Old March 9th 19, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Replacing a multi-probe socket

On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 10:48:26 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:
Is there a 3-circuit socket which is more easily serviced when the total pressure (pitot) O-ring fails?
Jim

Jim, it is possible to replace the last o-ring (4mm) on a multi-probe. I did it once. I must admit a lot of bad words came out of my mouth over a period of half a day, but it was done. You would need to manufacture your own tooling to do this and have incredible amount of patience, but I am certain you will succeed.