Old December 18th 03, 01:46 PM
nafod40

Robert Bonomi wrote:
If the farmer is smart, he'll sell it to him for ten times what he paid
to get it to his farm/polar ice cap, and then go back and buy a ten
year's supply of gas.

Postulate it's 'planting time', his next delivery is in 5 days, and he
has just enough 'on hand' to fuel his tractors till the scheduled delivery.
Supplying the pilot would idle a tractor for a day. That can translate
to _tens_of_thousands_ of dollars of lost revenue at harvest.

At $500/gal. one might be approaching the 'opportunity cost' of selling
that fuel to the plane owner.

Still think he's "smart" to sell the fuel at 'only' 10x cost?

Yes. They can ship down a new batch in the next plane, the next day.

I think they should have left him alone in the fuel shed with a 10
gallon for a few hours while they ate a long lunch. But that's me.