Old March 6th 04, 04:38 PM
Randy at Home

http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=248&a=932...a&s=rb0403 04
| ----------------------------------------------------------------
|

| They probably finally got the "real" numbers on how much it would
| actually cost to run the system vice the low bid they would have to make
| to win the contract. Losing proposition. I always wondered who would be
| responsible for paying a lawsuit resulting from an accident/incident.
| The government or the contractor?

Boeing will probably lose any bid to an off-shore contractor with little or
no regard for (or understanding of) National Security will under-bid them.
Any new system be built by the lowest-bidder, you know, like the Space
Shuttle. It happens all to often in almost every other industry. So why
should Boeing even bother trying now?