Old March 7th 18, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Public ADS-B Performance Report Request

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 8:29:56 PM UTC-5, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 5:11:59 PM UTC-8, Andy Blackburn wrote:
No Trig TT21? Isn’t that a valid TABS device?

Andy

These reports were not designed for TABS devices, they are for 2020 CompliantADS-B Out devices which the TT21 is *not*.

But if you have a TT21 and doing a check yourself on your TABS system I just say it's a TT22 and then in the comments section say its really a TT21 configured for TABS/TCO-C199 and that this install is not seeking to comply with 14 CFR 21.225/227.

Even if its a TT22 but configured for TABS in a type certified glider I would also make a note that this is a TABS/TCO-C199 and is not seeking to comply with 14 CFR 21.225/227.

These reports will likely eventually noticed by FSDO staff and they might not understand TABS, if they do reach out to you use that as a chance to educate them/point them at TSO-C199. Or just point them at me, I'm happy to help.

Thanks - I figured there must be a workaround. Gonna get me a TN-72 now..

Andy