Old December 30th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Default 50th Consecutive National Championships - Is this a record?

wrote:
On Dec 29, 5:15 pm, "Karl Striedieck" wrote:
I've flown 63 US national contests as well as 91 regionals and 13 WGC's, but
that is over 39 years. I'll be hard pressed to chalk up 50 continuous years
of nationals flying, which would be at age 81.

Karl's a bit of a late bloomer it appears - but there's no one I'd
rather share a thermal with at 81.

Make your reservations now to be a contest passenger in Karl's Duo
Discus 3X.

;-)

That would be the DuoDiscus xlwyrT - they don't add models or change
names at schempp these days, just add letters. (we are already on xlT -
third wing, second set of winglets, second fuselage - damn nice
aeroplane...) One assumes they will have to resort to a new model number
or name when they can no longer fit the letters on the nose. ;-)