Old December 31st 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 50th Consecutive National Championships - Is this a record?

Congratulations Bobby . As they say behind every successful glider
pilot there is a successful manager . Keep up the good work Carol .
I did fly several contests with Bobby in the early 70's and despite a
total of 62 contests now flown I can only count 28 as " Nationals
" ( South Africa , England , Rhodesia ,USA ) and probably would not
have looked the numbers up without this r.a.s. posting as a prompt .

Some may remember Bobby and Karl competing for the honor of the
World's longest o/r flights in the late 1960's and into the 70's.
Bobby flew a 785 km o/r in a Libelle using thermals only in 1969. Not
bad for 40 years ago eh !

Robn Clarke (ZA).