Old August 23rd 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
TOliver

Default Lieberman calls on Rumsfeld to resign

"Grey Satterfield" wrote ...
On 8/23/06 11:21 AM, in article

"Jack Linthicum" wrote:

I can sense that you have never written a headline

Their may be something to the excuse Jack posits for the pollster's
headline, so let's try this. Suppose I should concede that the pollster
wrote the headline in good faith and that it was reasonably fair. Would
Jack then concede that ABC News's headline, "Kerry Calls Lieberman the New
Cheney," was also written in good faith and was also reasonably fair?
I'll
bet I already know the answer.

Having earlier in life spent 5 years as the part time and undersompensated
resurant reviewer for a newspaper of modest circulation and done a stint
wriuting all to much bad ad copy - including headlines in both ventures - I
tend endorse Grey's opinion to the extent that I don't quite understand why
Jack seems so needful of straining at gnats. After all, it's politics being
written/pontificated about.

All sorts of Biblical references asides, analogies and comparisons
simplified and getting to the heart of the issue, "Former but Again Unlikely
Candidate" Kerry (the Dems and their "Red Dean" being oft foolish but not
outright fools) was (at least by ABC's bar) saying that since mr. Lieberman
talked like VP Cheney, they must be closely related in views and
perspectives.

In other words, if it quacks like a duck, chances are it'sa duck.

Gee, Jack, I'm not sure why you're so upset about Kerry's intonation being
translated by the media, much as if we were arguing over the joint and
several ages and sexes of all those poor Viets that he had us (and himself)
murdering right and left. Like last time, he picked his stage, chose the
uniform of the day and made his remarks. Like Senator Floridoso Pomposo of
the Shattered Capillaries, the Commonwealth's Senior Senator, Kerry seems to
need a crew of muckers-out trailing him to edit, alter and redirect the
remarks that flow from the Augean Stables of his fertile and imaginative
mind.

If the choice comes down to former naval officers I may come around to being
able to Vote for McCain, a fellow over whom anda number of beers one of his
ex-squadron mates raised some highly critical issues, but showing up in his
utilities, bleeding all over the hearing table, soured me permanently on he
who was an officer but avoided the gentleman part.

TMO