Old July 2nd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Stickney[_1_]

Default "'Marine One' finds home at Nixon site"

Jack & Bev Biagini wrote:

Mike

The first Marine One was an H-34 / HUS. I know because it used to come
into Pax whenever V.P. Nixon wanted to put in a round of golf. At the
time, the "Sea King" (HSS-2) was in our hangar as a prototype.

Jack
"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
'Marine One' finds home at Nixon site
The restored, 6-ton Sikorsky Sea King, the first helicopter employed by
U.S. presidents, beginning with Eisenhower, has been placed on the
helipad at the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace in Yorba Linda,
Calif., and today will officially open to public tours.
at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2458-8597r.htm

Ant the first Presidential Helicopter was 57-2728, an USAF VH-13J, a Bell
47J Ranger.

--
Pete Stickney
Without data, all you have is an opinion