Old July 7th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default What to do about North Korea...?

"We are not controlling events in Iraq. Events in Iraq are controlling us.
We are the puppet; the street gangs of Baghdad and Basra are the
puppet-masters, aided and abetted by an unsavory assortment of confidence
men, bazaar traders, scheming clerics, ethnic front men, and Iranian agents.
With all our wealth and power and idealism, we have submitted to become the
plaything of a rabble, and a Middle Eastern rabble at that. [ ] The
lazy-minded evangelico-romanticism of George W. Bush, the bureaucratic will
to power of Donald Rumsfeld, the avuncular condescension of Dick Cheney, and
the reflexive military deference of Colin Powell combined to get us into a
situation we never wanted to be in, a situation no self-respecting nation
ought to be in, a situation we don't know how to get out of."

Wow. Try this:

- Substitute the word "Chicago" for "Iraq", "Baghdad" and "Basra"

- Substitute "drug dealers" for "Iranian agents"

- Substitute "ghetto" for "Middle Eastern"

- And, finally, substitute "Daley" for "Bush", "Rumsveld" and "Powell"
-- and that whole ridiculous diatribe makes sense!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA