Old July 7th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default What to do about North Korea...?

I don't know about the Balkans, but in Iraq we have not overthrown a
tyrant or two that hasn't been replaced by another tyrant or three.

??? What news reports are you reading?

The democratically elected government in Iraq (their first, ever) is
running about as well as, oh, let's say, the Cabrini Green district of
Chicago -- but it *is* running.

If you're referring to the insurgents blowing up innocents, well,
that's about the same thing that happens in America's inner cities
every day. Scum is scum, everywhere.

In
Afghanistan, we did =not= overthrow the most evil regime in history; we
slowed that particular branch of terrorism a bit,

Really? Again, what news reports are you reading? I don't believe the
Taliban has held office since our rather abrupt arrival.

Oh, wait, you're referring to the street violence again. Check out
East St. Louis on a Saturday night, and report back how well our own
democracy is working there.

You guys are hilarious. You expect democracy to work in the Middle
East overnight, when we've got portions of many American inner cities
that -- after 230 years -- can't even be patrolled safely by law
enforcement, let alone visited by normal Americans. .

Give it time. Sane people eventually LIKE democracy, flawed though it
may be.

I suppose you believe these missile launches were the act of a sane
government? Good grief...

Yes, I do. A dangerous one to be sure. But defying orders is not the
mark of insanity. It is important to understand how the enemy thinks
and what they value. It's a grave error to evaluate them based on how
-we- think.

Yes -- but it is THEIR grave error.
--
Jay Honeck