Old June 10th 04, 02:23 AM
Bob Fry

We had a great doc for our medical "exams". I don't think he changed
the eye charts and color charts since he started decades ago. The
urine samples were equally slack, as you'd pee into an unmarked cup
and place it with other unmarked cups on a shelf...probably all to be
tossed at the end of the day, and a negative report handed back for
everybody. The actual exam with the doc was mostly chatting about
flying experiences with 30 seconds allowed to check balance,
peripheral vision, heart and hernia.

For the 3rd class, anyway. Probably the 2nd and 1st class were more
rigorous, but I never took those and don't know. Doesn't every city
have such a doc?

Now the local pilots are bummed because this doc finally retired.
None of us want to go to a real exam for fear of what might turn
up. We'll have to ask the EAA guys, they probably know of an
alternate....