Old March 27th 04, 05:47 PM
Eric Greenwell

Jim Vincent wrote:

What exactly are you asking? IGC files created from gps-nav data inherently
do not and cannot have verifiable security. There's no fix for that other
than

David, I did not closely follow the thread you mention but will now. I recall
reading one message mentioning doing the DOS fix, or something like that, and a
website somewhere that mentioned something similar.

My concern is whether the GPS NAV can still be used for badge flights ( up to
and including 1000k), not world records. I have SeeYou as my primary data
manager and would be using it to upload waypoints and tasks to the GPS NAV and
to download the flight log. I guess my question is, should I have any specific
concerns about the validity of this procedure? Thanks.

You should be able to continue doing what you've been doing. For badge
flights with the GPS Nav, you don't need to have an IGC file. The file
(xxx.cai) produced by the GPS Nav is what the official observer (and
other officials) _must_ use to validate the flight. This is detailed in
the approval document for the unit. It's dry reading, but take a look at
it, if you haven't already.

What has changed is (or will soon) the flights for which you are allowed
to document with a GPS Nav, not the procedures or the software (like
SeeYou).

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA