Old October 4th 18, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Shooting down UAVs

Interesting, while I am not well versed in drone rules, I thought most cases were they were to be below 500'AGL, especially within a few miles of an airport.
Sorta seems like, if there is a local airport of any kind, legally ALL drones (10 year old with a present, having fun) could get the drone shot down in that area.

Curious what the FAA says, since they sorta have "sovereign rights of US airspace". They, as a US federal branch, sorta gets ****ed at state and local government trying to take control, let alone citizens.