Old January 10th 04, 03:08 AM
weary

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "weary"
Date: 1/6/2004 12:28 AM Central Standard Time

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "weary"

Date: 1/2/2004 5:02 PM Central Standard Time

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
"weary" wrote:

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agor...hirodamap.html

Ohh look at that. The HQ of the local military district right in

the
zone
of complete destruction.

Which seems to be the only military asset in the zone.

This map doesn't show the rest of the details. That Military

District
Headquarters held the 11th Infantry Regiment, the 5th Division
Headquarters, a major artillery detachment, and a number of other
things, including the Prefectural office and the City Hall. It was

also
the HQ of the invasion defense of that entire section of the island.

If you're dropping a nuke on Hiroshima in 1945, you couldn't do a

whole
lot better for targeting.

Its clear that the people were the real target.

Yeah, the military people.

Then why did the targetting demand that the target must be
in a large urban atrea?

Because that's where the valid military targets were. I don't understan

why
you can't see that.

Plese provide proof that the onlyvalid military targets in Japan in May
1945
were in large urban areas.

I never said that.

I was discussing the minutes of the target committe that was meeting
in May 1945 that specified the target must be in a large urban area.
You said the valid military targets were in urban areas. You didn't say
'some of' or 'most of', you said 'the valid military targets'. Since the
committe was meeting in May 45, the comment applies to that time.
I cannot interpret what you wrote any other way, but feel free to
explain what you meant.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired