Old November 17th 05, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gear Warning

In article DdqdnYPHoYf1J-benZ2dnUVZ_v

Try: http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html

Type in whatever message you want, choose the gender and accent of the
synthetic voice and download the .wav file. A sexy female voice gets my
attention.

As the gadget makers are now involved, I have a request. How about a small
box containing a multi-input, line-in, fixed volume, audio mixer with
amplifier and decent speaker powered by the ships battery. This box would
have an array of 3mm jacks to receive the audio from the varios, PDA, radio,
and other gadgets that output audio and play them all through the same
speaker. Maybe it should fit in a 57mm instrument hole. I think this would
simplify wiring and improve audio quality.

Bill Daniels

We had a little problem with our gear warning. It worked fine
with the glider in the trailer, but in flight it would sound if you
opened the airbrakes whatever the position of the gear. It certainly
made me check the wheel was down and locked.

We put in a new vario this year, the only snag was we had
nowhere to put the speaker except behind the panel. We thought we could
do with a bit more audio. I remembered our radio, a Dittel clone, has an
input for an intercom. We fed the audio from the vario into the radio,
and now we have all the volume we need.

--
Mike Lindsay