Old November 18th 05, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gear Warning

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

In addition to the audible signal from the 302 - if you have a 303 it
displays a text message which makes it obvious what the issue is.

I like the Tasman approach because a voice message should be able to cut
through all the beeps already going on in the cockpit. I talked to one

user
who installed them in his gliders at his commercial operation. He said the
recorded message was "Lower the Fxxxing Landing Gear!" - in an all out
attempt to get the pilot's attention.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sources of small magnetic reed
switches? I sell mechanical microswitches which I have used in the past

and
like, but I can see the advantages to non-contact switching.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Maybe the hot tip would be to use the sound of something grinding.
In the alarm business, I had a "glass break simulator" that was essentially
a digital recording of breaking glass. That was quite an attention getter.

Tim Ward