Old April 27th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
octothorpe

Default An Interview With Chuck Yeager

"Snidely" wrote in message
I stumbled across this recent interview of Chuck Yeager on a PBS station in
West Virginia.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIeiMNjv0BQ
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0tku2b-Xms

Not a good one for Yeager. He comes off as being quite arrogant and not a
little condescending. I'd heard rumblings from time to time that he's sort
of a prick, but until now had not seen or heard anything concrete.

I think it is sad.

Thanks for the links. I enjoyed the interview. I thought it wasn't as
bad as you perceived it to be. It might be that I've been around enough of
the no-nonsense, "this-is-just-the-way-it-is" types that the style or lack
of style doesn't always interfere with the message. I remember my Dad and
some of his kin sound like Yeager. They're from the area around 50 miles
S.E. of Hamlin. I think Yeager's delivery is typical.

--
Tom