Old February 27th 13, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

Default Drones

On Feb 26, 8:11*pm, son_of_flubber wrote:
As I understand it non-military drones are legally limited to less than 400 feet AGL and they must be within sight of the operator.

Those are of course unenforceable rules.

I'm not looking forward to the day when some cranky person mistakes a glider for a drone and tries to dispatch it with his "goose gun".

Apparently being shot while flying does happen. From a recent AOPA
news report:
A romantic flight over Jacksonville, Fla., on New Year’s Eve took a
bizarre turn when pilot Graham Hill realized that he had been shot,
reports AvWeb. He handed over the controls to his girlfriend while he
tended to his wound, and they made an emergency landing at Craig Field.