Old November 21st 03, 09:03 PM
Jim Buckridge

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:

Until yesterday I had run into religious fanatics and cult followers
in every walk of life EXCEPT aviation.

Anyone ever run into this before? What did you do?

Yes, fairly early in my aviation "career". It took my by surprise as
well. I wasn't prepared to discuss the matter, but I managed to get
out of the situation pretty quickly. If it comes up again I'll make
it clear that I do not care to discuss such matters, just like I don't
want to discuss my finances.

I still don't understand how people who consider themselves true
followers of Christ rationalize spending money on frivolous flight.
Just getting the PPL costs over $5K. That money would have gone a
long long way to feeding hungry people, or paying the way for
missionaries to spread the word.... or (if you're Catholic) paying for
lawyers to defend your local priest.