Old August 23rd 05, 07:09 PM
N93332

"Blanche" wrote in message
I invented a tie-down for OSH this year that worked incredibly well
and cost less than $50. Got thru the storm on Monday night, so I
guess it'll hold thru most stuff.

1) go to a marine shop (if one's around) and buy the 3/8 in rope that's
recommended by Av Consumer. Total cost - about $25 (I've got a low-wing)

2) Over to Home Depot. Pick up 13 of the 12 in. long 3/8 stakes/nails/
whatever (only need 12, but always have a spare) Total cost - $13
As an option, pickup the big 2 in. washers.

3) Still at Home Depot, go over to the chain section and buy 3 sets of
4 links of the heaviest stuff you can find. Total cost - about $5.

4) Get one of those light-weight but incredibly sturdy hammers - Cost - $3

Blanche,

Thanks for the information! Don't you mean 10 stakes (1 spare) instead of 13
or do you put 4 stakes for each tiedown or have 4 tiedowns? I haven't needed
to supply my own tiedown stakes, yet, but someday I'll fly into Oshkosh.
I'll have to go to the local Home Depot Pilot Store and locate these parts
and throw them in the plane.

-Greg B.