Old September 13th 05, 01:53 AM
Eric Greenwell

My new LX7000 has instructions for setting up with electronic or
pneumatic compensation, but does not make a recommendation. My new
glider seems to have a very nice TE installation, so my bet is on the
pneumatic route, but if anyone has direct experience with this
instrument (or on the topic in general) I would appreciate any
feedback.

Oh, and same question on my Cambridge 302 ... I used electronic TE
compensation with it in my 304CZ, but I'm not sure that was the best
way to go. And if I connect both instruments to the same TE probe, how
much should they be separated in tube length?

Since neither uses a flask, you should be able to connect them together.
Without a flask to introduce airflow, they will not introduce pressure
errors, and pressure is what they sense. I'd put the tee close to the
instruments.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA