Old February 9th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roger[_4_]

Default bad vectors, no hand off

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 23:22:15 GMT, A Lieberma
wrote:

"Wyatt Emmerich" wrote in
:

Controllers forgetting to hand you off to tower is a fairly common
problem in the IFR environment, especially when it's practice. I just
say something like "Should I got to tower" and that usually does the
trick.

*smile*

If I don't get transferred to tower within a couple of miles from the FAF,
I was told by my instructor to "report" my position to appraoch controllers
as a memory jogger that I am still with them.

I.E. Jackson Approach 43L one mile outside Brenz.

Usually, approach will come back and then say 43L, contact tower on 1xx.xx

Allen

In Actual: Ahhh... *** approach, this is XXX 20 North at 4,000. How
far do you want me to keep going for traffic avoidance? Ahhhh XXX ...
turn heading 180 and expect vectors to the ILS.

Know what to expect when and ask why if not.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com