Old December 15th 19, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default 1981 Cobra trailer gas struts

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 5:54:33 AM UTC-7, David Cleveland wrote:
I have a 1981 Cobra trailer designed for a single seat glider. The trailer design is of the type that has the struts located on the outside of the trailer, with an aluminum top. I am looking to replace the gas struts.

I have contacted Wings and Wheels. They have been very helpful, but they do not carry the struts for this design. They also mentioned that Spindelberger/Cobra do not carry the item.

I am looking for two things. My struts were painted in the past, so I am unable to get the read the strength of the strut. I am also looking for a recommendation for replacement or refurbish.

Thanks

David Cleveland
Salt Lake City

Dave I've got the same trailer
When my Lift struts failed they were the 900 version
I replaced them with 1100 from Williams and they work great.
No lifting [ or very very little ] and I can pull it down with no problem to close it.
I think would would be happy with the stronger struts.
Be careful when you change them as you know, that top is heavy and if it were to fall on you it could kill you.
Safe Flying