Old April 24th 18, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Tapered pins (again)

I made the HP-24 pins taper a bit, and it doesn't take much to make a big difference. My pins taper about 15 degrees for about 1/2", and if that doesn't do it the wings are way out of position. In my ship there just isn't much room between the ends of the pins and the autoconnect hardware, since I've crowded that stuff forward in order to reserve a bunch of mid-fuselage volume to allow for BRS.

But I do make eccentric tapered pins out of Delrin where the axis of the tapered portion is inclined from the axis of the cylindrical part. These work great to draw the wings together the last little bit on sticky ships. I can make these in pretty much any diameter.

--Bob K.