Old December 3rd 03, 08:49 PM
Peter Duniho

"DeltaDeltaDelta" wrote in message
I've been trying to find some info on this thing for quite a while now.

I've
been to Raytheon's site and found specs for the normal Baron only. If some
of you do own the P version, could you please tell me what engines do they
have? Are they the regular IO-550s or are they turbocharged? And what are
their pressurisation abilities and optimal cruise altitude?

Does Raytheon still sell the 58P? There may be a good reason there's no
current specs on their web site.

As for the questions, I don't know what previous 58P's had, but a quick
Google search seems to indicate that they were available at least with the
520 cu.in. engines; not sure about the 550 cu.in. ones. I've never heard of
a pressurized airplane that wasn't turbocharged, but for sure if there's an
exception, the Baron wouldn't be it.

Keep in mind that even if you were looking at the unpressurized Barons, the
Raytheon web site is likely to only give you info on the current models.
Earlier models may or may not have similar equipment, including the engines.
If the information on earlier models is there, it would be harder to find,
probably under the customer support areas.

Pete