Old May 29th 05, 02:54 PM
Ron Natalie

Peter wrote:
I've been told that if one's GPS is an IFR approved unit (KLN94B in my
case) and it's not placarded "VFR only" then I am required to have the
latest database, otherwise I am not complying with the minimum
equipment list (in ANY flight) - is this correct?

You need to read the flight manual supplement for your aircraft.
Different installations have different reqirements. It's
doubtful that "MEL" applies at all here since your plane most
likely doesn't have one.

As far as non-IFR flight, nobody suggests ripping the alitmeter out
of my plane because my IFR certs have expired.