Old October 20th 05, 12:37 PM
Tom

Default Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

Exactly!

Add to that the fact there are about 400,000 members of AOPA, and about
600,000 pilots total, and one does not even have 1% of the voting population
to draw from.

We are not the AARP, or the NRA who the politicians actually listen to on
occasion.

These letter writing campaigns are a waste of time and mean nothing to these
guys.

Tom
"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
[...]
I think that if the powers that be see a significant volume of comments
opposing the proposed rule, they're gonna probably (I hope) notice.

One need only look at the outcome of other recent FAA NPRM, in which
thousands of "against" comments were provided without changing the
direction of the rule-making, to udnerstand that commenting on this NPRM
isn't going to have an effect either.

Face it: at this point in the game, with the NPRM already written and
published, the rule is as good as made. Whichever FAA bureaucrats put
this whole thing together, there's no way they're going to admit it's a
mistake.

Frankly, if anything, restricted airspace gives those FAA bureaucrats a
reason for being. It's the same reason ALL of our supposed "security
improvements" have been made: for some bizarre reason, the general public
is trusting those who get paid to create security to tell us how much
security we need.

Pete