Old July 31st 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default ANN coverage of the P-51 landing accident at OSH...

wrote:
On 30-Jul-2007, Dudley Henriques wrote:

The answer lies in the tower tape.
Dudley Henriques

The tower isn't in control during the show. The control is given over to the
airshow's Air Boss using 133.85 (tower freqs were 118.5 and 126.6). He
cleared all of the racers to land, and as I said before, after the Air Boss
gave them all a blanket clearance to land, I only recall hearing Beck in
Precious Metal making a position announcement, "Precious Metal, one mile
final". I'm pretty certain that Chris Odegaard in "Stang" never said a word.
I would guess the tower or EAA would be recording all of the radio traffic
on 133.85, but I don't know that for a fact. We'll see what the NTSB report
says when it comes out.
Scott Wilson

When I say the tower tape, I mean the official tape in play at the time
of the landing, be that source the FAA tower or a com trailer such as
used by Oshkosh, the Thunderbirds, or the Blue Angels.

You are right. The NTSB report will reflect exactly what transpired
during the approach.
Dudley Henriques