Old January 2nd 12, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Suter

Default Does the FAA have written policy WRT landouts?

On Dec 27 2011, 7:55*am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Here is a link to Kevin's pdf file.http://www.soaridaho.com/Misc/FAALandOut.pdf

It is probably something that could be updated by a person that has a good
relationship with their FSDO.

Waynehttp://www.soaridaho.com/

"kevin anderson" *wrote in message

In 1998 before a contest at TSA, Marvin Willis spoke to and got a
written follow up letter from the FSDO in Dallas stating that the FAA
does not consider an off-airport landing by a sailplane a reportable
incident if there is no damage to aircraft, property of another, or
injury to any person.

I have a PDF of this that I would be happy to share. *Tried several
times to attach it, but to no success.

Email me off the thread and I will send you back the PDF. *Have been
carrying the letter several years, not used it yet.

Kevin
192

Kevin, Wayne,

Thanks. This document is just the sort of thing our club is looking
for. Perhaps we'll be able to get it reissued by the Oakland FSDO.

Happy New Year,
Larry