Old October 16th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday?

I believe your information is incorrect. The DOD budget for 2017 is $582.7 Billion. That is more than China, Saudi Arabia, Russia, United Kingdom, India, France and Japan combined. I wonder if those countries have ADS-B requirments

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:24:51 AM UTC-7, krasw wrote:
maanantai 16. lokakuuta 2017 15.43.08 UTC+3 Squeaky kirjoitti:

However, the
military budget has been crap since 2013, and frankly we do not have the
money to upgrade the aircraft and also keep them combat capable.

US military budget is $523.9 billion for 2017, just to put crap in perspective.