Old October 30th 03, 01:05 AM
Eric Greenwell

In article ,
says...

So, anyone know of a pilot who's actually installed or used a TCAD unit in a
glider? (Or a TPAS, for that matter . . .)

Jim, have you experimented any with flight following? I've not used
it, but allegedly, ATC with warn you of other transponder equipped
aircraft. It's not the same as carrying a warning device in the
glider, but it might have some utility, and it's cheap!

Of course, you wouldn't be on the glider frequencies anymore, but
another transceiver would take care of that.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)