Old April 15th 04, 04:41 PM
Stan Gosnell

"SeeAndAvoid" wrote in
link.net:

Another observation is trying to identify who said it, not
publicly on freq to humiliate, just to myself. And so far
it's been someone who isn't even on freq yet, someone
waiting to check on, yet feels they should throw in their
"blocked", big help.

About the only time I do it is if transmissions ARE blocked, all I hear is
a squeal, and I'm expecting a call from ATC. That call might have been my
clearance for lower, which I've been expecting and really want, but I
couldn't tell. I want to find out, but I don't want to make a long call,
or antagonize the controller, so I might just transmit a 'blocked' so I can
get a retransmission. It's rare, but it sometimes happens. Otherwise I
just ignore the squeals, because I usually have more important things to
do, like keep the aircraft right-side up, on course and on altitude, or
else make sure the FO is doing all that. If I transmit a 'blocked' it's
because I really wanted to know what was said, and I couldn't understand
it.

--
Regards,

Stan