Old October 24th 12, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default Komet surge brake

On Monday, October 22, 2012 7:24:12 PM UTC-7, Tony V wrote:
I need to replace the surge brake damper on my 1986 Komet III trailer.

I'm wondering if someone out in ras land has a part number (or

equivalent) and replacement instructions. It appears that Entec, the

former Komet US representative, is no longer active.

I've seen Bruce Greeff's write up for Eberle trailers -

http://www.standardcirrus.org/Trailers.php

thanks in advance

Tony "6N"

If the dampner is shot, the trailer brakes will slam on and then release about twice per second when the tow vehicle is braking, making a chirping sound as your tires are eaten up..................ask me how I know
JJ