Old May 15th 05, 11:38 PM
Eric Greenwell

Don Johnstone wrote:
The wheel brake on my ASW 17 will stop the wheel
turning if operated in the workshop, very useful, pity
it does not retard the glider at all on the ground
run, not that I would want it to as with no nose wheel
an effective brake is not a good idea.

A friend of mine fitted his ASW 17 with a Cessna wheel and disk brake.
It was very effective, and did not put the glider on it's nose. If I
needed to use the brake hard enough to put a glider on it's nose, I'd
gladly trade a scratched nose for running into something hard or expensive!

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA