Old July 22nd 03, 03:15 PM
Jim Weir

The only problem with that, John, is that those deck chairs make the damndest
wind dams in a good ripper of a thunderstorm that you can imagine. Folding
chairs aren't bad, in that you can put them flat on the ground and the odds of
them blowing about isn't all that bad. I've had to fetch a couple of my deck
chairs out of the neighbors yard a time or two, and that involves them snaking
about the shrubbery and pine limbs to get that far.

Can't you just imagine the damage those plastic tumbleweeds could cause if they
get up a full head of steam before being stopped by somebody's airplane?

Jim

john smith

-An alternative is to leave the chairs with one of us on this usegroup
-that will be camping with our airplanes near the spot you want to watch
-the airplanes from.
http://www.rst-engr.com